Halloween is finally here…well tomorrow anyway! In a previous blog post I wrote about some potential costume ideas, but I’m actually not going as any of those ideas! I’m kind of slacking this year, and I didn’t have time or money to buy a good costume. So this year I’m going as cop, because it’s really easy to make with things you already have for a costume. I went to Target yesterday to find a cop hat and I bought a cop hat that came with aviator sunglasses, a badge, and a baton thing for only $10. For the rest of my costume I’m going to wear a navy blue shirt, black shorts, and black boots. All those things I already have, so I’m glad I won’t have to spend any more money. Hopefully people won’t be dressing up in Winona this weekend, because I don’t have any other costumes to wear. I also thought I would share some pictures of my Halloween costumes from previous years!
On Twitter, you or your friends might follow an account called UberFacts, and recently I’ve been noticing they have making some ridiculous claims and I decided to find out if these “facts” are actually true. I only google searched on these claims, so I may be wrong in my findings.
1. October 12, 2013 “Pisanthrophobia” is the fear of trusting people due to bad past experiences.”
False- This is not a real phobia when looked up “Pisanthrophobia,” on dictionary.com nothing came up, and when I used spell check Microsoft Word thought it was a misspelled word.
2. October 12, 2013 “In 1986, Steve Jobs launched his own clothing line for Apple fans.
3. October 12, 2013 “Clinomania is the excessive desire to lay in bed all day.”
False- I’m thinking if this one was true a lot of people I know (and me) would probably have this condition!
Again when I looked up this one on dictionary.com nothing came up, and spell check doesn’t recognize it as a word.
4. October 13, 2013 “Extreme Ironing” is an actual sport – People go to remote places just to iron their clothes.”
October 8, 2013 “The average person fears spiders more than death.”
False?- No way! Although spiders are pretty scary, I would hope this is false for everyone!
Overall, most of the facts on the Uberfacts account were true, but some of “facts” depend on the person or people their about.
Halloween is my ultimate favorite holiday I just love dressing up as something else and seeing everyone’s costumes. I haven’t figured out what I’m going to be but I have a few ideas:
1. Alice in Wonderland- It’s one of my favorite movies, and I already have blonde hair! I don’t really like any of the Alice costumes that are sold in stores, so if I were to be Alice I would probably make my own costume.
2. Barbie- I’ve actually dressed up as Barbie for halloween a few years ago, but my costume needed much more glitz. So if I were to dress up as Barbie again my costume would look more like the picture below.
3. Sandy from Grease- This would be super easy to recreate! I already have a black leather jacket and black top to wear, all I need would be leather leggings.
4. Orbit Girl- I like this idea because I really haven’t seen anyone dressed up as her before, and its funny but still cute!